About Peanut, CA
Peanut, CA is located in Trinity County in the state of California.
The total City Population for Peanut is about 2,747 with about 5 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $285,800, which is roughly 43% lower than the Average Home Value of $503,143 for the state of California, and roughly 34% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $28,880, which is roughly 59% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $71,294 for the state of California, and roughly 50% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.19
Male Population Estimate: 52.1%
Female Population Estimate: 47.9%
Median Age: 48.1
Male Median Age: 49.2
Female Median Age: 47.1
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Peanut specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Trinity County: About 11.1114 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Trinity County: About 380.329 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Trinity County is about 64% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 24% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
California is ranked #4 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 84.2 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 66.74
The average living wage for the state of California is $40.83/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives California a minimum wage score of 51.89 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $13.00/hr, which gives California a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for California is $260.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 39.13 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ California does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ California does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ California does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ California does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ California does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ California does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X California does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ California does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ California does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X California does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ California does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ California does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ California does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ California does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ California does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ California does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ California does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ California does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Hayfork, CA ( 6.74 mi. )
- Ruth, CA ( 15.26 mi. )
- Platina, CA ( 15.80 mi. )
- Mad River, CA ( 17.17 mi. )
- Douglas City, CA ( 17.95 mi. )
- Hyampom, CA ( 19.18 mi. )
- Junction City, CA ( 19.21 mi. )
- Big Bar, CA ( 19.40 mi. )
- Helena, CA ( 21.21 mi. )
- Weaverville, CA ( 22.64 mi. )
- Lewiston, CA ( 24.07 mi. )
- Zenia, CA ( 24.86 mi. )
- Blocksburg, CA ( 27.95 mi. )
- Ono, CA ( 28.53 mi. )
- Burnt Ranch, CA ( 29.63 mi. )
- Alderpoint, CA ( 31.66 mi. )
- Igo, CA ( 32.78 mi. )
- French Gulch, CA ( 33.00 mi. )
- Bridgeville, CA ( 33.16 mi. )
- Whiskeytown, CA ( 34.05 mi. )
- Salyer, CA ( 36.04 mi. )
- Iron Mountain, CA ( 36.58 mi. )
- Phillipsville, CA ( 36.93 mi. )
- Shasta, CA ( 37.14 mi. )
- Centerville, CA ( 37.36 mi. )
- Miranda, CA ( 37.92 mi. )
- Keswick, CA ( 38.49 mi. )
- Myers Flat, CA ( 39.61 mi. )
- Olinda, CA ( 40.02 mi. )
- Weott, CA ( 40.81 mi. )
- Willow Creek, CA ( 40.84 mi. )
- Redcrest, CA ( 41.21 mi. )
- Garberville, CA ( 41.62 mi. )
- Redway, CA ( 41.93 mi. )
- Redding, CA ( 42.76 mi. )
- Trinity Center, CA ( 43.02 mi. )
- Summit City, CA ( 43.07 mi. )
- Shasta Lake, CA ( 43.98 mi. )
- Central Valley, CA ( 44.12 mi. )
- Central Vly, CA ( 44.12 mi. )
- Cottonwood, CA ( 45.15 mi. )
- Anderson, CA ( 45.91 mi. )
- Covelo, CA ( 46.14 mi. )
- Carlotta, CA ( 47.08 mi. )
- Kneeland, CA ( 47.81 mi. )
- Piercy, CA ( 47.87 mi. )
- Hydesville, CA ( 48.36 mi. )
- Palo Cedro, CA ( 49.08 mi. )
- Scotia, CA ( 49.09 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 96041
TimeZone: Pacific (GMT -08:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 3129.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 530