About Monolith, CA
Monolith, CA is located in Kern County in the state of California.
The total City Population for Monolith is about 34,630 with about 1 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $252,500, which is roughly 50% lower than the Average Home Value of $503,143 for the state of California, and roughly 25% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $63,288, which is roughly 11% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $71,294 for the state of California, and roughly 9% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.62
Male Population Estimate: 58.3%
Female Population Estimate: 41.7%
Median Age: 39.7
Male Median Age: 37.7
Female Median Age: 43.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Monolith specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Kern County: About 9.78088 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Kern County: About 545.338 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Kern County is about 60% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 47% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
California is ranked #4 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 84.2 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 66.74
The average living wage for the state of California is $40.83/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives California a minimum wage score of 51.89 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $13.00/hr, which gives California a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for California is $260.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 39.13 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ California does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ California does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ California does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ California does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ California does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ California does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X California does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ California does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ California does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X California does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ California does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ California does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ California does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ California does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ California does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ California does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ California does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ California does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Tehachapi, CA ( 5.68 mi. )
- Alpine Forest, CA ( 6.24 mi. )
- Bear Vly Spgs, CA ( 6.24 mi. )
- California Correctional Inst, CA ( 6.24 mi. )
- Sand Canyon, CA ( 6.24 mi. )
- Stallion Spgs, CA ( 6.24 mi. )
- Golden Hills, CA ( 7.07 mi. )
- Fremont Valley, CA ( 11.78 mi. )
- Mojave, CA ( 12.75 mi. )
- Loraine, CA ( 13.23 mi. )
- Tropico Village, CA ( 13.93 mi. )
- Willow Spgs, CA ( 13.93 mi. )
- Keene, CA ( 15.43 mi. )
- Stallion Springs, CA ( 16.18 mi. )
- Bear Valley Springs, CA ( 16.19 mi. )
- Willow Springs, CA ( 17.25 mi. )
- Caliente, CA ( 18.56 mi. )
- Rosamond, CA ( 19.71 mi. )
- Calif City, CA ( 21.97 mi. )
- Tejon Ranch, CA ( 25.08 mi. )
- Arvin, CA ( 26.27 mi. )
- Cantil, CA ( 26.35 mi. )
- Fairmont, CA ( 26.76 mi. )
- Metler Valley, CA ( 27.95 mi. )
- Neenach, CA ( 27.95 mi. )
- Di Giorgio, CA ( 27.98 mi. )
- Edwards, CA ( 28.21 mi. )
- California City, CA ( 28.47 mi. )
- Havilah, CA ( 28.64 mi. )
- Edward, CA ( 29.18 mi. )
- Edwards Air Force Base, CA ( 29.18 mi. )
- Edwards AFB, CA ( 29.23 mi. )
- Three Points, CA ( 29.41 mi. )
- Del Sur, CA ( 30.10 mi. )
- Lake Hughes, CA ( 30.54 mi. )
- Elizabeth Lk, CA ( 30.80 mi. )
- Lake Elizabeth, CA ( 30.80 mi. )
- Lancaster, CA ( 31.53 mi. )
- Elizabeth Lake, CA ( 31.84 mi. )
- Bodfish, CA ( 32.04 mi. )
- Edison, CA ( 32.06 mi. )
- Lamont, CA ( 32.18 mi. )
- North Edwards, CA ( 32.31 mi. )
- Sandberg, CA ( 32.32 mi. )
- Aerial Acres, CA ( 32.96 mi. )
- Quartz Hill, CA ( 33.48 mi. )
- Gorman, CA ( 35.11 mi. )
- Leona Valley, CA ( 35.15 mi. )
- Lebec, CA ( 35.25 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 93561
TimeZone: Pacific (GMT -08:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 3882.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 661