About Mineral, CA
Mineral, CA is located in Tehama County in the state of California.
The total City Population for Mineral is about 210 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $168,200, which is roughly 71% lower than the Average Home Value of $588,722 for the state of California, and roughly 23% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $44,750, which is roughly 46% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $83,076 for the state of California, and roughly 31% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.92
Male Population Estimate: 64.3%
Female Population Estimate: 35.7%
Median Age: 35.7
Male Median Age: 53.0
Female Median Age: 48.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Mineral specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Tehama County: About 6.05878 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Tehama County: About 540.138 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Tehama County is about 35% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 47% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Mineral is about 28.8%.
California is ranked #4 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 84.2 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 66.74
The average living wage for the state of California is $40.83/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives California a minimum wage score of 51.89 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $13.00/hr, which gives California a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for California is $260.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 39.13 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ California does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ California does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ California does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ California does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ California does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ California does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X California does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ California does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ California does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X California does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ California does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ California does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ California does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ California does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ California does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ California does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ California does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ California does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Lassen Volcanic National Par, CA ( 3.46 mi. )
- Mill Creek, CA ( 4.19 mi. )
- Viola, CA ( 11.36 mi. )
- Manton, CA ( 15.28 mi. )
- Shingletown, CA ( 17.64 mi. )
- Chester, CA ( 18.38 mi. )
- Paynes Creek, CA ( 18.46 mi. )
- Butte Meadows, CA ( 19.99 mi. )
- Old Station, CA ( 21.89 mi. )
- Almanor, CA ( 23.49 mi. )
- Prattville, CA ( 24.65 mi. )
- Whitmore, CA ( 25.35 mi. )
- Canyon Dam, CA ( 26.48 mi. )
- Lake Almanor, CA ( 26.48 mi. )
- Clear Creek, CA ( 27.64 mi. )
- Canyondam, CA ( 29.57 mi. )
- Caribou, CA ( 29.82 mi. )
- Westwood, CA ( 30.17 mi. )
- Hat Creek, CA ( 30.36 mi. )
- Belden, CA ( 30.58 mi. )
- Paradise Pines, CA ( 30.97 mi. )
- Seneca, CA ( 31.43 mi. )
- Ganser Bar, CA ( 32.11 mi. )
- Oak Run, CA ( 32.44 mi. )
- Stirling City, CA ( 32.44 mi. )
- Forest Ranch, CA ( 33.59 mi. )
- Tobin, CA ( 33.60 mi. )
- Dairyville, CA ( 33.66 mi. )
- Rock Crest, CA ( 33.73 mi. )
- Millville, CA ( 33.95 mi. )
- Cohasset, CA ( 33.97 mi. )
- Storrie, CA ( 34.43 mi. )
- Rock Creek, CA ( 34.59 mi. )
- Virgilia, CA ( 34.73 mi. )
- Round Mountain, CA ( 35.13 mi. )
- Burney, CA ( 35.54 mi. )
- Twain, CA ( 36.46 mi. )
- Los Molinos, CA ( 36.83 mi. )
- Nimshew, CA ( 36.83 mi. )
- Greenville, CA ( 36.88 mi. )
- Montgomery Creek, CA ( 37.09 mi. )
- Gerber, CA ( 37.44 mi. )
- Cassel, CA ( 37.70 mi. )
- Palo Cedro, CA ( 37.72 mi. )
- Johnson Park, CA ( 37.81 mi. )
- Red Bluff, CA ( 38.04 mi. )
- Proberta, CA ( 38.15 mi. )
- Magalia, CA ( 38.22 mi. )
- Tehama, CA ( 38.22 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 96061, 96063 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Pacific (GMT -08:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 5073.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 530