E Palo Alto's Livability
About E Palo Alto, CA
E Palo Alto, CA is located in Santa Clara County in the state of California.
The total City Population for E Palo Alto is about 45,467 with about 5,708 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $1,356,700, which is roughly 63% higher than the Average Home Value of $503,143 for the state of California, and roughly 86% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $103,680, which is roughly 31% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $71,294 for the state of California, and roughly 45% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 3.42
Male Population Estimate: 49.8%
Female Population Estimate: 50.2%
Median Age: 32.4
Male Median Age: 31.3
Female Median Age: 33.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of E Palo Alto specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Santa Clara County: About 2.44072 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Santa Clara County: About 264.088 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Santa Clara County is about 38% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 8% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for E Palo Alto is about 3.5%.
California is ranked #4 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 84.2 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 66.74
The average living wage for the state of California is $40.83/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives California a minimum wage score of 51.89 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $13.00/hr, which gives California a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for California is $260.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 39.13 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ California does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ California does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ California does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ California does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ California does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ California does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X California does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ California does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ California does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X California does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ California does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ California does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ California does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ California does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ California does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ California does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ California does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ California does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- East Palo Alto, CA ( 0.95 mi. )
- Menlo Park, CA ( 2.56 mi. )
- Stanford, CA ( 3.33 mi. )
- W Menlo Park, CA ( 3.48 mi. )
- Atherton, CA ( 4.42 mi. )
- Mountain View, CA ( 4.63 mi. )
- West Menlo Park, CA ( 4.73 mi. )
- Palo Alto, CA ( 4.83 mi. )
- Blossom Valley, CA ( 5.39 mi. )
- Mt View, CA ( 5.39 mi. )
- Los Altos, CA ( 6.34 mi. )
- Los Altos Hills, CA ( 6.34 mi. )
- Redwood City, CA ( 6.42 mi. )
- Los Altos Hls, CA ( 6.53 mi. )
- Newark, CA ( 6.62 mi. )
- Alviso, CA ( 7.33 mi. )
- Sunnyvale, CA ( 7.39 mi. )
- Onizuka AFB, CA ( 7.79 mi. )
- Woodside, CA ( 7.86 mi. )
- Menlo Pk, CA ( 7.94 mi. )
- Portola Vally, CA ( 7.94 mi. )
- Palomar Park, CA ( 7.95 mi. )
- Portola Valley, CA ( 8.03 mi. )
- San Carlos, CA ( 8.43 mi. )
- Fremont, CA ( 8.94 mi. )
- Emerald Hills, CA ( 10.05 mi. )
- Belmont, CA ( 10.27 mi. )
- Foster City, CA ( 10.34 mi. )
- Cupertino, CA ( 10.59 mi. )
- Santa Clara, CA ( 10.64 mi. )
- Permanente, CA ( 11.40 mi. )
- Union City, CA ( 11.55 mi. )
- San Mateo, CA ( 12.26 mi. )
- Hayward, CA ( 12.34 mi. )
- La Honda, CA ( 12.41 mi. )
- Santa Clara University, CA ( 12.60 mi. )
- Milpitas, CA ( 12.74 mi. )
- Baywood Park, CA ( 12.98 mi. )
- Postal Data Center, CA ( 13.25 mi. )
- Saratoga, CA ( 14.10 mi. )
- Hillsborough, CA ( 14.64 mi. )
- Mount Eden, CA ( 14.75 mi. )
- San Lorenzo, CA ( 14.89 mi. )
- A M O R C, CA ( 15.13 mi. )
- California Water Service, CA ( 15.13 mi. )
- I B M, CA ( 15.13 mi. )
- San Jose Mercury News, CA ( 15.13 mi. )
- San Jose Water Company, CA ( 15.13 mi. )
- Campbell, CA ( 15.36 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 94303
TimeZone: Pacific (GMT -08:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 7.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 650