Box Springs' Livability
About Box Springs, CA
Box Springs, CA is located in Riverside County in the state of California.
The total City Population for Box Springs is about 58,002 with about 1,148 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $308,000, which is roughly 39% lower than the Average Home Value of $503,143 for the state of California, and roughly 39% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $48,872, which is roughly 31% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $71,294 for the state of California, and roughly 15% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.88
Male Population Estimate: 49.5%
Female Population Estimate: 50.5%
Median Age: 24.2
Male Median Age: 24.1
Female Median Age: 24.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Box Springs specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Riverside County: About 4.2656 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Riverside County: About 291.245 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Riverside County is about 7% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 1% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
California is ranked #4 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 84.2 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 66.74
The average living wage for the state of California is $40.83/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives California a minimum wage score of 51.89 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $13.00/hr, which gives California a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for California is $260.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 39.13 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ California does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ California does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ California does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ California does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ California does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ California does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X California does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ California does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ California does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X California does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ California does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ California does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ California does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ California does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ California does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ California does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ California does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ California does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Canyon Crest, CA ( 2.22 mi. )
- Univ of CA Riverside, CA ( 2.60 mi. )
- March ARB, CA ( 4.14 mi. )
- March Air Reserve Base, CA ( 4.42 mi. )
- Moreno Valley, CA ( 5.49 mi. )
- Riverside, CA ( 5.67 mi. )
- City Of Riverside, CA ( 5.69 mi. )
- Grand Terrace, CA ( 5.91 mi. )
- Woodcrest, CA ( 6.25 mi. )
- Casa Blanca, CA ( 6.91 mi. )
- Loma Linda, CA ( 7.29 mi. )
- Veterans Hospital, CA ( 7.32 mi. )
- Loma Linda University, CA ( 7.56 mi. )
- Colton, CA ( 7.58 mi. )
- North Loma Linda, CA ( 7.79 mi. )
- Bryn Mawr, CA ( 7.92 mi. )
- Crestmore, CA ( 8.85 mi. )
- Arlington, CA ( 8.86 mi. )
- Smiley Heights, CA ( 9.18 mi. )
- Lake Mathews, CA ( 9.36 mi. )
- Marigold, CA ( 9.58 mi. )
- Bloomington, CA ( 9.87 mi. )
- Redlands, CA ( 10.17 mi. )
- Jurupa Valley, CA ( 10.66 mi. )
- Base Line, CA ( 10.69 mi. )
- El Sobrante, CA ( 10.81 mi. )
- Sn Bernrdno, CA ( 10.86 mi. )
- La Sierra, CA ( 11.25 mi. )
- Rancho Belago, CA ( 11.27 mi. )
- Perris, CA ( 11.62 mi. )
- Starcrest Of Cal, CA ( 12.01 mi. )
- City Hall, CA ( 12.08 mi. )
- S B County Offices, CA ( 12.08 mi. )
- Mira Loma, CA ( 12.78 mi. )
- Lakeview, CA ( 12.85 mi. )
- Rialto, CA ( 12.93 mi. )
- Mentone, CA ( 13.23 mi. )
- Nuevo, CA ( 13.42 mi. )
- San Bernardino, CA ( 13.46 mi. )
- Highland, CA ( 13.63 mi. )
- Patton, CA ( 13.70 mi. )
- Fontana, CA ( 13.96 mi. )
- Calimesa, CA ( 14.15 mi. )
- Norco, CA ( 14.59 mi. )
- Muscoy, CA ( 14.69 mi. )
- Romoland, CA ( 14.88 mi. )
- Yucaipa, CA ( 15.70 mi. )
- Del Rosa, CA ( 15.93 mi. )
- Eastvale, CA ( 16.29 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 92557
TimeZone: Pacific (GMT -08:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1213.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 951, 909