About Okay, AR
Okay, AR is located in Howard County in the state of Arkansas.
The total City Population for Okay is about 477.
The Average Home Value is $97,300, which is roughly 6% higher than the Average Home Value of $91,557 for the state of Arkansas, and roughly 48% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $32,008, which is roughly 20% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $40,120 for the state of Arkansas, and roughly 44% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.98
Male Population Estimate: 48.2%
Female Population Estimate: 51.8%
Median Age: 51.7
Male Median Age: 51.7
Female Median Age: 51.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Sarah Huckabee Sanders
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Okay specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Howard County: About 10.32 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2014)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Howard County: About 153.552 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Howard County is about 62% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 47% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Arkansas is ranked #34 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 30.43 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 46.91
The average living wage for the state of Arkansas is $30.85/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Arkansas a minimum wage score of 71.73 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.63/hr, which gives Arkansas a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 1.92 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Arkansas is $220.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 54.07 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Arkansas does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Arkansas does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Arkansas does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Arkansas does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Arkansas does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Arkansas does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Arkansas does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Arkansas does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Arkansas does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Arkansas does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Arkansas does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Arkansas does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Arkansas does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Arkansas does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Arkansas does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X Arkansas does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Arkansas does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Arkansas does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Saratoga, AR ( 1.95 mi. )
- Columbus, AR ( 6.17 mi. )
- Mineral Spgs, AR ( 6.89 mi. )
- Mineral Springs, AR ( 7.56 mi. )
- Ben Lomond, AR ( 12.00 mi. )
- Fulton, AR ( 12.44 mi. )
- Nashville, AR ( 12.73 mi. )
- Ozan, AR ( 12.94 mi. )
- Wilton, AR ( 13.01 mi. )
- Ashdown, AR ( 13.28 mi. )
- Washington, AR ( 13.83 mi. )
- Ogden, AR ( 14.39 mi. )
- Center Point, AR ( 18.31 mi. )
- Alleene, AR ( 19.41 mi. )
- Lockesburg, AR ( 20.18 mi. )
- Hope, AR ( 20.41 mi. )
- Mc Caskill, AR ( 21.09 mi. )
- Blevins, AR ( 21.12 mi. )
- Perrytown, AR ( 22.92 mi. )
- Texarkana, AR ( 23.27 mi. )
- Kimberley, AR ( 23.34 mi. )
- Texarkana, TX ( 23.79 mi. )
- Texarkana Community College, TX ( 24.01 mi. )
- Murfreesboro, AR ( 24.13 mi. )
- Barkman, TX ( 24.87 mi. )
- Dierks, AR ( 24.91 mi. )
- Billstown, AR ( 25.03 mi. )
- Winthrop, AR ( 25.06 mi. )
- Redbank, TX ( 25.46 mi. )
- Nash, TX ( 25.51 mi. )
- Wake Village, TX ( 26.45 mi. )
- Smith Hill, TX ( 26.48 mi. )
- Emmet, AR ( 26.49 mi. )
- Genoa, AR ( 27.04 mi. )
- Mount Moriah, AR ( 27.09 mi. )
- Burns, TX ( 27.14 mi. )
- Foreman, AR ( 27.40 mi. )
- Horatio, AR ( 27.48 mi. )
- Bowen, AR ( 28.30 mi. )
- Victory City, TX ( 29.08 mi. )
- Hooks, TX ( 29.14 mi. )
- Piney Grove, AR ( 29.19 mi. )
- Delight, AR ( 29.99 mi. )
- De Queen, AR ( 30.56 mi. )
- Prescott, AR ( 30.71 mi. )
- Pike, AR ( 31.13 mi. )
- Tobin, AR ( 31.13 mi. )
- Whaley, TX ( 31.61 mi. )
- Newhope, AR ( 31.88 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 71859
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 258.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 870