About Aberdeen, AR
Aberdeen, AR is located in Monroe County in the state of Arkansas.
The total City Population for Aberdeen is about 315 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $52,500, which is roughly 50% lower than the Average Home Value of $104,207 for the state of Arkansas, and roughly 76% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $26,964, which is roughly 41% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $45,376 for the state of Arkansas, and roughly 59% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.50
Male Population Estimate: 48.9%
Female Population Estimate: 51.1%
Median Age: 44.1
Male Median Age: 45.2
Female Median Age: 43.1
Racial Demographic Estimates
Sarah Huckabee Sanders
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Aberdeen specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Monroe County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Monroe County: About 370.995 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Monroe County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 22% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Arkansas is ranked #34 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 30.43 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 46.91
The average living wage for the state of Arkansas is $30.85/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Arkansas a minimum wage score of 71.73 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.63/hr, which gives Arkansas a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 1.92 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Arkansas is $220.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 54.07 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Arkansas does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Arkansas does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Arkansas does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Arkansas does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Arkansas does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Arkansas does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Arkansas does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Arkansas does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Arkansas does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Arkansas does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Arkansas does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Arkansas does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Arkansas does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Arkansas does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Arkansas does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X Arkansas does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Arkansas does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Arkansas does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Lookout Store, AR ( 1.65 mi. )
- Roe, AR ( 3.16 mi. )
- Preston Ferry, AR ( 5.21 mi. )
- Casscoe, AR ( 5.44 mi. )
- Clarendon, AR ( 6.55 mi. )
- Ulm, AR ( 7.07 mi. )
- Holly Grove, AR ( 8.28 mi. )
- Raymond, AR ( 10.59 mi. )
- Lawrenceville, AR ( 11.22 mi. )
- Crocketts Blf, AR ( 11.35 mi. )
- Crocketts Bluff, AR ( 13.00 mi. )
- Pine City, AR ( 13.07 mi. )
- De Valls Blf, AR ( 13.14 mi. )
- Devalls Bluff, AR ( 13.14 mi. )
- Tollville, AR ( 13.62 mi. )
- Stuttgart, AR ( 13.94 mi. )
- Almyra, AR ( 14.20 mi. )
- Blackton, AR ( 14.20 mi. )
- De Valls Bluff, AR ( 14.31 mi. )
- Palmer, AR ( 15.81 mi. )
- Monroe, AR ( 16.11 mi. )
- Hazen, AR ( 18.64 mi. )
- Brummitt, AR ( 18.73 mi. )
- Biscoe, AR ( 19.07 mi. )
- De Witt, AR ( 21.18 mi. )
- De Luce, AR ( 21.18 mi. )
- Lodge Corner, AR ( 21.22 mi. )
- One Horse Store, AR ( 21.22 mi. )
- Slovac, AR ( 21.22 mi. )
- Hamilton, AR ( 21.49 mi. )
- Brinkley, AR ( 21.58 mi. )
- DeWitt, AR ( 21.82 mi. )
- Screeton, AR ( 22.20 mi. )
- Moro, AR ( 23.94 mi. )
- Saint Charles, AR ( 23.99 mi. )
- Humphrey, AR ( 24.02 mi. )
- Ethel, AR ( 24.12 mi. )
- Humnoke, AR ( 24.13 mi. )
- Marvell, AR ( 24.46 mi. )
- Wheatley, AR ( 25.69 mi. )
- Carlisle, AR ( 25.99 mi. )
- Aubrey, AR ( 26.48 mi. )
- Four Mile Corner, AR ( 27.35 mi. )
- Des Arc, AR ( 27.48 mi. )
- Little Dixie, AR ( 27.92 mi. )
- Poplar Grove, AR ( 27.94 mi. )
- Bayou Meto, AR ( 28.14 mi. )
- Lambrook, AR ( 28.20 mi. )
- Cotton Plant, AR ( 28.25 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 72134
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 206.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 870