About Tyler, AL
Tyler, AL is located in Dallas County in the state of Alabama.
The total City Population for Tyler is about 3,495 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $62,300, which is roughly 46% lower than the Average Home Value of $115,084 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 67% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $24,318, which is roughly 45% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $43,882 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 58% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.49
Male Population Estimate: 44.6%
Female Population Estimate: 55.4%
Median Age: 39.3
Male Median Age: 39.3
Female Median Age: 39.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Tyler specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Dallas County: About 27.8261 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Dallas County: About 671.019 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Dallas County is about 86% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 57% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Benton, AL ( 4.21 mi. )
- White Hall, AL ( 10.01 mi. )
- Selma, AL ( 10.44 mi. )
- Valley Grande, AL ( 13.42 mi. )
- Autaugaville, AL ( 14.44 mi. )
- Lowndesboro, AL ( 16.28 mi. )
- Gordonville, AL ( 16.84 mi. )
- Jones, AL ( 16.93 mi. )
- Farmersville, AL ( 18.04 mi. )
- Minter, AL ( 19.24 mi. )
- Burkville, AL ( 20.01 mi. )
- Hayneville, AL ( 20.65 mi. )
- Booth, AL ( 21.11 mi. )
- Orrville, AL ( 21.46 mi. )
- Plantersville, AL ( 22.08 mi. )
- Salem, AL ( 22.33 mi. )
- Marion Junction, AL ( 22.87 mi. )
- Marion Jct, AL ( 22.87 mi. )
- Furman, AL ( 23.54 mi. )
- Snow Hill, AL ( 24.28 mi. )
- Billingsley, AL ( 24.34 mi. )
- Prattville, AL ( 25.99 mi. )
- Letohatchee, AL ( 27.18 mi. )
- Stanton, AL ( 27.39 mi. )
- Dannelly, AL ( 27.75 mi. )
- Snow Hl, AL ( 28.80 mi. )
- Snowhill, AL ( 28.80 mi. )
- Safford, AL ( 28.91 mi. )
- Pville, AL ( 29.05 mi. )
- Pine Level, AL ( 29.88 mi. )
- Boykin, AL ( 30.42 mi. )
- Fort Deposit, AL ( 30.49 mi. )
- Sprott, AL ( 30.64 mi. )
- Maxwell AFB, AL ( 30.65 mi. )
- Hope Hull, AL ( 30.87 mi. )
- Maplesville, AL ( 30.89 mi. )
- Oakhill, AL ( 31.15 mi. )
- Oak Hill, AL ( 31.24 mi. )
- Millbrook, AL ( 31.58 mi. )
- Alberta, AL ( 31.83 mi. )
- Marion, AL ( 32.51 mi. )
- Pine Apple, AL ( 32.88 mi. )
- Millers Ferry, AL ( 32.95 mi. )
- Forest Home, AL ( 33.00 mi. )
- Deatsville, AL ( 33.16 mi. )
- Highland, AL ( 33.56 mi. )
- Camden, AL ( 33.77 mi. )
- Marbury, AL ( 33.85 mi. )
- Al Income Tax, AL ( 33.85 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 36785
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 131.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 334