Town Creek's Livability
About Town Creek, AL
Town Creek, AL is located in Lawrence County in the state of Alabama.
The total City Population for Town Creek is about 1,006 with about 136 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $90,364, which is roughly 30% lower than the Average Home Value of $129,418 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 58% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $36,824, which is roughly 27% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $50,110 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 43% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.53
Male Population Estimate: 48.7%
Female Population Estimate: 51.3%
Median Age: 43.5
Male Median Age: 39.8
Female Median Age: 41.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Town Creek specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Lawrence County: About 6.45569 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Lawrence County: About 260.453 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Lawrence County is about 39% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 10% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Town Creek is about 4.3%.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Courtland, AL ( 4.56 mi. )
- North Courtland, AL ( 5.59 mi. )
- N Courtland, AL ( 6.68 mi. )
- Leighton, AL ( 7.09 mi. )
- Rogersville, AL ( 12.72 mi. )
- Hillsboro, AL ( 12.82 mi. )
- Muscle Shoals, AL ( 13.85 mi. )
- Moulton, AL ( 14.71 mi. )
- Killen, AL ( 14.73 mi. )
- Mount Hope, AL ( 15.35 mi. )
- Whitehead, AL ( 15.59 mi. )
- Littleville, AL ( 15.99 mi. )
- Tuscumbia, AL ( 17.20 mi. )
- Sheffield, AL ( 17.55 mi. )
- Univ Of North Al, AL ( 17.74 mi. )
- North Florence, AL ( 18.29 mi. )
- Saint Florian, AL ( 18.29 mi. )
- Florence, AL ( 18.33 mi. )
- Anderson, AL ( 18.43 mi. )
- Trinity, AL ( 19.08 mi. )
- Lexington, AL ( 20.34 mi. )
- Russellville, AL ( 21.61 mi. )
- Decatur, AL ( 24.59 mi. )
- Tanner, AL ( 25.07 mi. )
- Danville, AL ( 25.38 mi. )
- Saint Joseph, TN ( 25.45 mi. )
- St Joseph, TN ( 25.45 mi. )
- Lester, AL ( 26.13 mi. )
- Iron City, TN ( 26.27 mi. )
- Spruce Pine, AL ( 26.62 mi. )
- Athens, AL ( 27.02 mi. )
- Grayson, AL ( 27.47 mi. )
- Cloverdale, AL ( 27.71 mi. )
- Phil Campbell, AL ( 27.95 mi. )
- Loretto, TN ( 28.19 mi. )
- Minor Hill, TN ( 29.00 mi. )
- Belle Mina, AL ( 29.95 mi. )
- Mooresville, AL ( 30.05 mi. )
- Elkmont, AL ( 30.15 mi. )
- Hartselle, AL ( 31.02 mi. )
- Cherokee, AL ( 32.37 mi. )
- Haleyville, AL ( 32.59 mi. )
- Westpoint, TN ( 32.83 mi. )
- Cypress Inn, TN ( 33.06 mi. )
- Bear Creek, AL ( 33.17 mi. )
- Prospect, TN ( 33.42 mi. )
- Leoma, TN ( 33.76 mi. )
- Houston, AL ( 34.21 mi. )
- Falkville, AL ( 34.78 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 35672
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 740.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 256