About Stansel, AL
Stansel, AL is located in Pickens County in the state of Alabama.
The total City Population for Stansel is about 3,668 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $79,700, which is roughly 31% lower than the Average Home Value of $115,084 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 58% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $27,917, which is roughly 36% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $43,882 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 51% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.35
Male Population Estimate: 46.8%
Female Population Estimate: 53.2%
Median Age: 43.4
Male Median Age: 42.7
Female Median Age: 43.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Stansel specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Pickens County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Pickens County: About 166.216 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Pickens County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 42% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Reform, AL ( 4.40 mi. )
- Carrollton, AL ( 4.90 mi. )
- Coal Fire, AL ( 6.25 mi. )
- Gordo, AL ( 8.17 mi. )
- Mc Shan, AL ( 8.48 mi. )
- Ethelsville, AL ( 11.80 mi. )
- Macedonia, AL ( 12.57 mi. )
- McMullen, AL ( 14.02 mi. )
- Pickensville, AL ( 14.48 mi. )
- Echola, AL ( 14.88 mi. )
- Aliceville, AL ( 15.04 mi. )
- Elrod, AL ( 15.27 mi. )
- Millport, AL ( 16.63 mi. )
- McCrary, MS ( 16.96 mi. )
- Buhl, AL ( 17.44 mi. )
- Bigbee Valley, MS ( 18.24 mi. )
- Kennedy, AL ( 18.37 mi. )
- Fernbank, AL ( 18.77 mi. )
- New Hope, MS ( 19.28 mi. )
- Romulus, AL ( 20.70 mi. )
- Cochrane, AL ( 21.19 mi. )
- Coker, AL ( 21.73 mi. )
- Cliftonville, MS ( 22.65 mi. )
- Old Memphis, AL ( 22.69 mi. )
- Steens, MS ( 22.94 mi. )
- Prairie Point, MS ( 23.36 mi. )
- Union, AL ( 23.88 mi. )
- Belk, AL ( 23.90 mi. )
- Kingville, AL ( 24.03 mi. )
- Columbus, MS ( 24.71 mi. )
- Ralph, AL ( 24.96 mi. )
- Fosters, AL ( 25.94 mi. )
- Northport, AL ( 26.10 mi. )
- Deerbrook, MS ( 26.12 mi. )
- Samantha, AL ( 26.36 mi. )
- Fairlane, MS ( 26.37 mi. )
- G T Airport, MS ( 26.37 mi. )
- Golden Triangle Regional Air, MS ( 26.37 mi. )
- N Port, AL ( 26.84 mi. )
- North Port, AL ( 26.84 mi. )
- Nport, AL ( 26.84 mi. )
- Veterans Hospital, AL ( 26.93 mi. )
- Knoxville, AL ( 26.98 mi. )
- West Greene, AL ( 27.43 mi. )
- Clinton, AL ( 28.19 mi. )
- Fayette, AL ( 28.68 mi. )
- Panola, AL ( 28.70 mi. )
- University Of Al, AL ( 29.72 mi. )
- Caledonia, MS ( 29.87 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 35481
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 322.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 205