About Siluria, AL
Siluria, AL is located in Shelby County in the state of Alabama.
The total population for Shelby County is about 9,409.
The Average Home Value is $207,052 for Shelby County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $115,084 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $43,882 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: N/A
Female Population Estimate: N/A
Median Age: N/A
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Black Population Estimate: N/A
Hispanic Population Estimate: N/A
Asian Population Estimate: N/A
Hawaiian Population Estimate: N/A
Indian Population Estimate: N/A
Other Population Estimate: N/A
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Siluria specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Shelby County: About 2.84325 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Shelby County: About 263.623 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Shelby County is about 28% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 8% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Siluria is about 3.9%.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Elliotsvl, AL ( 0.00 mi. )
- Elliotsvle, AL ( 0.00 mi. )
- Alabaster, AL ( 1.72 mi. )
- Saginaw, AL ( 2.40 mi. )
- Elliotsville, AL ( 3.13 mi. )
- Maylene, AL ( 3.84 mi. )
- Helena, AL ( 4.52 mi. )
- Indian Spgs, AL ( 5.40 mi. )
- Indn Spgs Vlg, AL ( 5.40 mi. )
- Pelham, AL ( 5.77 mi. )
- Riverchase, AL ( 7.41 mi. )
- Montevallo, AL ( 8.45 mi. )
- Indian Springs Village, AL ( 8.83 mi. )
- Hoover, AL ( 9.14 mi. )
- Calera, AL ( 9.19 mi. )
- Bess, AL ( 10.35 mi. )
- Bluff Park, AL ( 11.10 mi. )
- Shannon, AL ( 11.58 mi. )
- Wilton, AL ( 11.83 mi. )
- Chelsea, AL ( 12.17 mi. )
- Meadowbrook, AL ( 12.18 mi. )
- Vestavia Hls, AL ( 12.36 mi. )
- Columbiana, AL ( 12.37 mi. )
- Bessemer, AL ( 12.58 mi. )
- Marvel, AL ( 12.70 mi. )
- Wenonah, AL ( 14.25 mi. )
- Cahaba Heights, AL ( 14.63 mi. )
- Cahaba Hts, AL ( 14.63 mi. )
- Mtn Brook, AL ( 14.63 mi. )
- Vestavia Hills, AL ( 14.94 mi. )
- Homewood, AL ( 15.04 mi. )
- Brierfield, AL ( 15.14 mi. )
- Mountain Brk, AL ( 15.22 mi. )
- Vestavia, AL ( 15.22 mi. )
- Bham, AL ( 15.29 mi. )
- Samford University, AL ( 15.29 mi. )
- Brighton, AL ( 15.40 mi. )
- Midfield, AL ( 15.80 mi. )
- Mc Calla, AL ( 16.42 mi. )
- Shelby, AL ( 16.52 mi. )
- Fairfield, AL ( 16.98 mi. )
- Hueytown, AL ( 17.16 mi. )
- South Highlands, AL ( 17.24 mi. )
- Dolomite, AL ( 17.26 mi. )
- Mountain Brook, AL ( 17.34 mi. )
- Shoal Creek, AL ( 17.77 mi. )
- Green Pond, AL ( 17.94 mi. )
- Lake View, AL ( 18.03 mi. )
- Westover, AL ( 18.39 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 35144
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 495.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 205