About Searles, AL
Searles, AL is located in Tuscaloosa County in the state of Alabama.
The total population for Tuscaloosa County is about 20,931 with about 1 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $157,077 for Tuscaloosa County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $115,084 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $43,882 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: N/A
Female Population Estimate: N/A
Median Age: N/A
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Searles specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Tuscaloosa County: About 7.15681 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Tuscaloosa County: About 401.718 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Tuscaloosa County is about 45% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 28% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Kellerman, AL ( 1.50 mi. )
- Brookwood, AL ( 5.84 mi. )
- Abernant, AL ( 7.51 mi. )
- Peterson, AL ( 8.64 mi. )
- Adger, AL ( 10.16 mi. )
- Coaling, AL ( 11.21 mi. )
- Vance, AL ( 11.58 mi. )
- Lake View, AL ( 11.70 mi. )
- Cottondale, AL ( 11.90 mi. )
- Woodstock, AL ( 12.33 mi. )
- North Johns, AL ( 13.09 mi. )
- Green Pond, AL ( 13.19 mi. )
- Mc Calla, AL ( 13.26 mi. )
- Tuscaloosa, AL ( 13.35 mi. )
- University Of Al, AL ( 14.84 mi. )
- N Port, AL ( 15.46 mi. )
- North Port, AL ( 15.46 mi. )
- Nport, AL ( 15.46 mi. )
- Northport, AL ( 16.65 mi. )
- Samantha, AL ( 17.70 mi. )
- West Blocton, AL ( 18.18 mi. )
- Hueytown, AL ( 18.60 mi. )
- Concord, AL ( 19.05 mi. )
- Duncanville, AL ( 19.42 mi. )
- Veterans Hospital, AL ( 19.83 mi. )
- Skyland, AL ( 19.89 mi. )
- Bessemer, AL ( 20.38 mi. )
- Bess, AL ( 20.85 mi. )
- Coker, AL ( 21.40 mi. )
- Sylvan Springs, AL ( 21.96 mi. )
- Sylvan Spgs, AL ( 22.06 mi. )
- Marvel, AL ( 22.11 mi. )
- Dolomite, AL ( 22.87 mi. )
- Pleasant Grove, AL ( 23.01 mi. )
- Pl Grove, AL ( 23.10 mi. )
- Pleasant Grv, AL ( 23.10 mi. )
- Brighton, AL ( 23.11 mi. )
- Eoline, AL ( 23.31 mi. )
- Praco, AL ( 23.33 mi. )
- W Jefferson, AL ( 23.94 mi. )
- Maytown, AL ( 24.21 mi. )
- Goodsprings, AL ( 24.36 mi. )
- Midfield, AL ( 24.73 mi. )
- Buhl, AL ( 25.31 mi. )
- Fairfield, AL ( 25.41 mi. )
- Mulga, AL ( 25.52 mi. )
- Helena, AL ( 25.69 mi. )
- Wenonah, AL ( 25.80 mi. )
- Fosters, AL ( 26.33 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 35444
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 548.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 205