About Praco, AL
Praco, AL is located in Jefferson County in the state of Alabama.
The total City Population for Praco is about 3,233.
The Average Home Value is $76,300, which is roughly 41% lower than the Average Home Value of $129,418 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 65% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $38,333, which is roughly 24% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $50,110 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 41% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.45
Male Population Estimate: 49.3%
Female Population Estimate: 50.7%
Median Age: 43.2
Male Median Age: 43.7
Female Median Age: 42.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Praco specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Jefferson County: About 8.16741 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Jefferson County: About 449.85 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Jefferson County is about 52% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 36% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- W Jefferson, AL ( 2.23 mi. )
- West Jefferson, AL ( 4.21 mi. )
- Quinton, AL ( 4.82 mi. )
- Sylvan Spgs, AL ( 6.32 mi. )
- Burnwell, AL ( 6.66 mi. )
- Sylvan Springs, AL ( 7.42 mi. )
- Barney, AL ( 7.56 mi. )
- Maytown, AL ( 7.82 mi. )
- Goodsprings, AL ( 7.84 mi. )
- Adamsville, AL ( 7.98 mi. )
- Dora, AL ( 8.11 mi. )
- Alden, AL ( 8.77 mi. )
- Graysville, AL ( 8.90 mi. )
- Mulga, AL ( 9.08 mi. )
- Blossburg, AL ( 9.60 mi. )
- Sumiton, AL ( 10.12 mi. )
- Sayre, AL ( 10.46 mi. )
- Gravleeton, AL ( 10.60 mi. )
- Cardiff, AL ( 10.70 mi. )
- Concord, AL ( 10.95 mi. )
- Docena, AL ( 11.08 mi. )
- Cordova, AL ( 11.18 mi. )
- Pleasant Grove, AL ( 11.31 mi. )
- Pl Grove, AL ( 11.57 mi. )
- Pleasant Grv, AL ( 11.57 mi. )
- Brookside, AL ( 12.31 mi. )
- Forestdale, AL ( 12.53 mi. )
- Parrish, AL ( 12.65 mi. )
- Adger, AL ( 13.20 mi. )
- Dolomite, AL ( 13.57 mi. )
- Hueytown, AL ( 14.10 mi. )
- Ensley, AL ( 14.45 mi. )
- Mount Olive, AL ( 14.48 mi. )
- Sipsey, AL ( 14.51 mi. )
- Empire, AL ( 14.66 mi. )
- Fairfield, AL ( 14.68 mi. )
- Coalburg, AL ( 14.75 mi. )
- Brighton, AL ( 15.40 mi. )
- Midfield, AL ( 15.47 mi. )
- Birmingham Southern College, AL ( 16.36 mi. )
- Fulton Springs, AL ( 16.70 mi. )
- North Johns, AL ( 17.00 mi. )
- Wenonah, AL ( 17.31 mi. )
- Oakman, AL ( 17.34 mi. )
- Fultondale, AL ( 17.89 mi. )
- Gardendale, AL ( 17.96 mi. )
- Bessemer, AL ( 18.58 mi. )
- Jasper, AL ( 18.73 mi. )
- Al Gas Corp, AL ( 18.94 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 35130
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 485.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 205