About Nanafalia, AL
Nanafalia, AL is located in Marengo County in the state of Alabama.
The total City Population for Nanafalia is about 54 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $90,288 for Marengo County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $115,084 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $43,882 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: 38.9%
Female Population Estimate: 61.1%
Median Age: 67.6
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Nanafalia specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Marengo County: About 11.6559 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Marengo County: About 449.415 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Marengo County is about 66% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 36% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Lavaca, AL ( 5.32 mi. )
- Pennington, AL ( 6.66 mi. )
- Sweet Water, AL ( 7.85 mi. )
- Myrtlewood, AL ( 10.09 mi. )
- Indian Springs, AL ( 11.51 mi. )
- Butler, AL ( 12.62 mi. )
- Dixons Mills, AL ( 12.73 mi. )
- Jachin, AL ( 12.99 mi. )
- Linden, AL ( 17.63 mi. )
- Whitfield, AL ( 18.39 mi. )
- Lisman, AL ( 18.40 mi. )
- Magnolia, AL ( 19.24 mi. )
- Riderwood, AL ( 19.45 mi. )
- Jefferson, AL ( 19.85 mi. )
- Thomasville, AL ( 20.31 mi. )
- Providence, AL ( 20.47 mi. )
- Needham, AL ( 21.72 mi. )
- Toxey, AL ( 22.99 mi. )
- Sunny South, AL ( 23.15 mi. )
- Ward, AL ( 23.91 mi. )
- Arlington, AL ( 24.11 mi. )
- Yantley, AL ( 24.27 mi. )
- Thomaston, AL ( 24.29 mi. )
- Coffeeville, AL ( 24.39 mi. )
- Gilbertown, AL ( 24.89 mi. )
- Bellamy, AL ( 25.15 mi. )
- Pine Hill, AL ( 25.43 mi. )
- Coatopa, AL ( 26.16 mi. )
- Dayton, AL ( 26.49 mi. )
- Fulton, AL ( 26.70 mi. )
- Demopolis, AL ( 28.40 mi. )
- Bladon Springs, AL ( 28.82 mi. )
- Dickinson, AL ( 29.26 mi. )
- Low Peach Tre, AL ( 29.43 mi. )
- Lwr Pch Tree, AL ( 29.43 mi. )
- Melvin, AL ( 29.85 mi. )
- Bolinger, AL ( 30.24 mi. )
- Silas, AL ( 30.61 mi. )
- Catherine, AL ( 31.17 mi. )
- Grove Hill, AL ( 31.18 mi. )
- Gallion, AL ( 31.22 mi. )
- Silver Cross, AL ( 31.50 mi. )
- Cuba, AL ( 31.77 mi. )
- Scyrene, AL ( 31.92 mi. )
- York, AL ( 31.96 mi. )
- Yellow Bluff, AL ( 32.05 mi. )
- Lower Peach Tree, AL ( 32.34 mi. )
- Prairie, AL ( 32.63 mi. )
- Frankville, AL ( 33.31 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 36764, 36782 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 209.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 334