About Motley, AL
Motley, AL is located in Clay County in the state of Alabama.
The total City Population for Motley is about 2,592 with about 9 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $78,100, which is roughly 32% lower than the Average Home Value of $115,084 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 59% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $31,000, which is roughly 29% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $43,882 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 46% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.49
Male Population Estimate: 48%
Female Population Estimate: 52%
Median Age: 37.9
Male Median Age: 36.8
Female Median Age: 38.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Motley specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Clay County: About 6.29997 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Clay County: About 196.498 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Clay County is about 37% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 32% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Sikesville, AL ( 1.13 mi. )
- Almond, AL ( 2.96 mi. )
- Levelroad, AL ( 2.98 mi. )
- Daviston, AL ( 4.42 mi. )
- Wadley, AL ( 5.25 mi. )
- Mellow Valley, AL ( 7.02 mi. )
- Malone, AL ( 7.10 mi. )
- Goldville, AL ( 7.54 mi. )
- Forester Chapel, AL ( 7.58 mi. )
- Gibsonville, AL ( 8.87 mi. )
- Cragford, AL ( 9.27 mi. )
- New Site, AL ( 9.32 mi. )
- Dickert, AL ( 10.79 mi. )
- Ofelia, AL ( 14.14 mi. )
- Bluff Spring, AL ( 14.39 mi. )
- Harkins Crossroads, AL ( 14.39 mi. )
- Idaho, AL ( 14.39 mi. )
- Lineville, AL ( 14.53 mi. )
- Ashland, AL ( 14.63 mi. )
- Shinebone, AL ( 15.93 mi. )
- Watts Mill, AL ( 15.93 mi. )
- Wedowee, AL ( 16.51 mi. )
- Millerville, AL ( 16.53 mi. )
- Roanoke, AL ( 16.85 mi. )
- Barfield, AL ( 17.17 mi. )
- Carr Mill, AL ( 17.57 mi. )
- Christiana, AL ( 18.00 mi. )
- Lafayette, AL ( 18.77 mi. )
- Laf Ayette, AL ( 18.77 mi. )
- Five Points, AL ( 19.06 mi. )
- Jacksons Gap, AL ( 19.19 mi. )
- Pyriton, AL ( 19.77 mi. )
- Haywood, AL ( 20.24 mi. )
- Dadeville, AL ( 20.63 mi. )
- Alexander City, AL ( 20.90 mi. )
- Alex City, AL ( 21.15 mi. )
- Campbells Crossroads, AL ( 21.53 mi. )
- Camp Hill, AL ( 21.88 mi. )
- Erin, AL ( 22.26 mi. )
- Delta, AL ( 22.80 mi. )
- Goodwater, AL ( 23.05 mi. )
- Woodland, AL ( 23.38 mi. )
- Corinth, AL ( 23.65 mi. )
- Kellyton, AL ( 23.81 mi. )
- Fishhead, AL ( 24.35 mi. )
- Newell, AL ( 25.40 mi. )
- Waverly, AL ( 26.93 mi. )
- Hollins, AL ( 27.19 mi. )
- Hawk, AL ( 27.59 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 36276
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 680.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 256