About Mobile, AL
Mobile, AL is located in Mobile County in the state of Alabama.
The total City Population for Mobile is about 187,445 with about 526 people per square mile, and the larger Metro Area Population is about 322,079.
The Average Home Value is $136,033, which is roughly 15% higher than the Average Home Value of $115,084 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 28% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $44,780, which is roughly 2% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $43,882 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 22% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.38
Male Population Estimate: 47.2%
Female Population Estimate: 52.8%
Median Age: 37.8
Male Median Age: 19.3
Female Median Age: 21.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Mobile specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Mobile County: About 15.0671 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Mobile County: About 548.147 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Mobile County is about 74% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 47% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Mobile is about 6.4%.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- University Of South Alabama, AL ( 4.12 mi. )
- Brookley Field, AL ( 4.29 mi. )
- Brookley Fld, AL ( 4.29 mi. )
- Mobile Gov Plz, AL ( 4.48 mi. )
- Mobile P&dc, AL ( 4.48 mi. )
- U S Corps Of Engineers, AL ( 4.48 mi. )
- Whistler, AL ( 5.06 mi. )
- Magazine, AL ( 5.34 mi. )
- Prichard, AL ( 6.63 mi. )
- Chickasaw, AL ( 6.80 mi. )
- Eight Mile, AL ( 9.74 mi. )
- Theodore, AL ( 10.41 mi. )
- Semmes, AL ( 10.61 mi. )
- Saraland, AL ( 11.75 mi. )
- Satsuma, AL ( 12.79 mi. )
- Saltaire, AL ( 13.29 mi. )
- Timber Creek, AL ( 13.54 mi. )
- Irvington, AL ( 13.74 mi. )
- Daphne, AL ( 14.39 mi. )
- Saint Elmo, AL ( 14.59 mi. )
- Montrose, AL ( 14.93 mi. )
- Bromley, AL ( 15.35 mi. )
- Spanish Fort, AL ( 15.57 mi. )
- Creola, AL ( 15.89 mi. )
- Mon Louis, AL ( 16.42 mi. )
- Georgetown, AL ( 17.16 mi. )
- Wilmer, AL ( 17.66 mi. )
- Fairhope, AL ( 17.69 mi. )
- Chunchula, AL ( 17.79 mi. )
- Point Clear, AL ( 17.82 mi. )
- Axis, AL ( 18.39 mi. )
- Stapleton, AL ( 19.57 mi. )
- Grand Bay, AL ( 19.71 mi. )
- Lemoyne, AL ( 19.93 mi. )
- Fellowship, AL ( 19.98 mi. )
- Gulf Crest, AL ( 19.98 mi. )
- Turnerville, AL ( 19.98 mi. )
- Fair Hope, AL ( 20.05 mi. )
- Bayou La Batre, AL ( 20.26 mi. )
- Bayou Labatre, AL ( 20.78 mi. )
- Coden, AL ( 21.64 mi. )
- Alabama Port, AL ( 21.76 mi. )
- Loxley, AL ( 22.25 mi. )
- Heron Bay, AL ( 22.36 mi. )
- Latonia, MS ( 22.38 mi. )
- Hurley, MS ( 22.78 mi. )
- Harleston, MS ( 23.52 mi. )
- Silverhill, AL ( 23.58 mi. )
- Movella, MS ( 23.91 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 36582, 36601, 36602, 36603, 36604, 36605, 36606, 36607, 36608, 36609, 36610, 36611, 36615, 36616, 36617, 36618, 36619, 36628, 36633, 36640, 36641, 36644, 36652, 36660, 36670, 36675, 36688, 36689, 36691, 36693, 36695 (31 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 39.7 ft.
Area Code(s): 251