About Furman, AL
Furman, AL is located in Wilcox County in the state of Alabama.
The total population for Wilcox County is about 1,410.
The Average Home Value is $69,831 for Wilcox County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $115,084 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $43,882 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: N/A
Female Population Estimate: N/A
Median Age: N/A
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Black Population Estimate: N/A
Hispanic Population Estimate: N/A
Asian Population Estimate: N/A
Hawaiian Population Estimate: N/A
Indian Population Estimate: N/A
Other Population Estimate: N/A
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Furman specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Wilcox County: About 23.6317 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Wilcox County: About 644.667 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Wilcox County is about 83% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 55% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Snow Hill, AL ( 2.38 mi. )
- Minter, AL ( 5.18 mi. )
- Snow Hl, AL ( 5.50 mi. )
- Snowhill, AL ( 5.50 mi. )
- Farmersville, AL ( 6.61 mi. )
- Oakhill, AL ( 8.91 mi. )
- Oak Hill, AL ( 9.09 mi. )
- Pine Apple, AL ( 9.36 mi. )
- Forest Home, AL ( 12.31 mi. )
- Mc Williams, AL ( 14.20 mi. )
- Gordonville, AL ( 18.47 mi. )
- Camden, AL ( 19.33 mi. )
- Boykin, AL ( 19.51 mi. )
- Buena Vista, AL ( 22.13 mi. )
- Greenville, AL ( 22.29 mi. )
- Benton, AL ( 22.55 mi. )
- Fort Deposit, AL ( 23.48 mi. )
- Tyler, AL ( 23.54 mi. )
- Beatrice, AL ( 23.62 mi. )
- Vredenburgh, AL ( 24.14 mi. )
- Millers Ferry, AL ( 24.33 mi. )
- Bolling, AL ( 24.70 mi. )
- White Hall, AL ( 25.01 mi. )
- Hayneville, AL ( 25.73 mi. )
- Orrville, AL ( 26.38 mi. )
- Hybart, AL ( 27.33 mi. )
- Chapman, AL ( 27.53 mi. )
- Lowndesboro, AL ( 27.93 mi. )
- Georgiana, AL ( 28.45 mi. )
- Selma, AL ( 28.59 mi. )
- Salem, AL ( 29.37 mi. )
- Letohatchee, AL ( 29.39 mi. )
- Prairie, AL ( 29.51 mi. )
- Yellow Bluff, AL ( 30.06 mi. )
- Coy, AL ( 30.07 mi. )
- Alberta, AL ( 30.25 mi. )
- Safford, AL ( 30.62 mi. )
- Catherine, AL ( 31.94 mi. )
- Marion Junction, AL ( 32.41 mi. )
- Marion Jct, AL ( 32.41 mi. )
- Mc Kenzie, AL ( 33.28 mi. )
- Valley Grande, AL ( 33.34 mi. )
- Burkville, AL ( 33.53 mi. )
- Peterman, AL ( 33.98 mi. )
- Autaugaville, AL ( 34.48 mi. )
- Honoraville, AL ( 34.56 mi. )
- McKenzie, AL ( 35.01 mi. )
- Egreen, AL ( 35.45 mi. )
- Lower Peach Tree, AL ( 35.79 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 36741
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 292.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 251