About Equality, AL
Equality, AL is located in Coosa County in the state of Alabama.
The total City Population for Equality is about 67 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $198,600, which is roughly 42% higher than the Average Home Value of $115,084 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 5% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $44,028, which is roughly 0% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $43,882 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 23% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.25
Male Population Estimate: 74.6%
Female Population Estimate: 25.4%
Median Age: 71.8
Male Median Age: 51.4
Female Median Age: 52.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Equality specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Coosa County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Coosa County: About 254.832 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Coosa County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 11% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Nixburg, AL ( 6.96 mi. )
- Eclectic, AL ( 9.46 mi. )
- Rockford, AL ( 10.76 mi. )
- Titus, AL ( 12.82 mi. )
- Kent, AL ( 13.53 mi. )
- Alex City, AL ( 14.48 mi. )
- Alexander City, AL ( 14.79 mi. )
- Kellyton, AL ( 15.44 mi. )
- Wetumpka, AL ( 16.43 mi. )
- Jacksons Gap, AL ( 18.01 mi. )
- Elmore, AL ( 19.89 mi. )
- Dadeville, AL ( 20.22 mi. )
- Tallassee, AL ( 20.34 mi. )
- Deatsville, AL ( 20.62 mi. )
- Goodwater, AL ( 20.78 mi. )
- East Tallassee, AL ( 20.92 mi. )
- Weogufka, AL ( 21.40 mi. )
- Marbury, AL ( 21.41 mi. )
- Mountain Creek, AL ( 21.96 mi. )
- Coosada, AL ( 22.39 mi. )
- Chisolm, AL ( 23.43 mi. )
- Verbena, AL ( 23.56 mi. )
- Millbrook, AL ( 23.80 mi. )
- Pine Level, AL ( 23.84 mi. )
- Hollins, AL ( 24.75 mi. )
- Pville, AL ( 25.71 mi. )
- Gunter Afs, AL ( 26.03 mi. )
- Gunter AFB, AL ( 26.08 mi. )
- Mafb Gun Annx, AL ( 26.08 mi. )
- Maxwell AFB Gunter Annex, AL ( 26.08 mi. )
- New Site, AL ( 26.29 mi. )
- Shorter, AL ( 26.36 mi. )
- Camp Hill, AL ( 26.38 mi. )
- Mount Meigs, AL ( 27.67 mi. )
- Franklin, AL ( 28.46 mi. )
- Goldville, AL ( 29.00 mi. )
- Notasulga, AL ( 29.11 mi. )
- Prattville, AL ( 29.28 mi. )
- Taladga Spgs, AL ( 29.57 mi. )
- Al Income Tax, AL ( 29.63 mi. )
- Al Revenue Dept, AL ( 29.63 mi. )
- Al State Govt Mail, AL ( 29.63 mi. )
- Alfa Ins Co, AL ( 29.63 mi. )
- Bass Anglers Sports Soc, AL ( 29.63 mi. )
- Colonial Mortgage, AL ( 29.63 mi. )
- Gunter Afs Eci, AL ( 29.63 mi. )
- Gunter ECI, AL ( 29.63 mi. )
- Montg, AL ( 29.63 mi. )
- Montgomery Business Reply Ma, AL ( 29.63 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 36026
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 634.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 334