About Edwardsville, AL
Edwardsville, AL is located in Cleburne County in the state of Alabama.
The total City Population for Edwardsville is about 183 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $115,658, which is roughly 0% higher than the Average Home Value of $115,084 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 39% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $62,250, which is roughly 30% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $43,882 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 8% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: 50.8%
Female Population Estimate: 49.2%
Median Age: 33.4
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Edwardsville specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Cleburne County: About 11.67 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2014)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Cleburne County: About 103.333 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Cleburne County is about 66% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 64% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Borden Springs, AL ( 6.22 mi. )
- Fruithurst, AL ( 7.79 mi. )
- Muscadine, AL ( 8.27 mi. )
- Esom Hill, GA ( 8.33 mi. )
- Brdn Sprngs, AL ( 9.58 mi. )
- Spring Garden, AL ( 10.88 mi. )
- Piedmont, AL ( 11.05 mi. )
- Tallapoosa, GA ( 12.09 mi. )
- Felton, GA ( 13.51 mi. )
- Hopewell, AL ( 14.96 mi. )
- Heflin, AL ( 14.99 mi. )
- Buchanan, GA ( 15.81 mi. )
- Cedartown, GA ( 17.15 mi. )
- Jacksonville, AL ( 17.48 mi. )
- Waco, GA ( 17.86 mi. )
- Choccolocco, AL ( 19.12 mi. )
- Cave Spring, GA ( 19.56 mi. )
- Bremen, GA ( 19.64 mi. )
- Mount Zion, GA ( 20.85 mi. )
- Fort Mc Clellan, AL ( 21.21 mi. )
- FT McClellan, AL ( 21.21 mi. )
- Bowdon Junction, GA ( 21.36 mi. )
- Weaver, AL ( 21.36 mi. )
- Hightower, AL ( 21.59 mi. )
- Ranburne, AL ( 22.70 mi. )
- De Armanville, AL ( 22.76 mi. )
- Chulafinnee, AL ( 23.32 mi. )
- Anniston, AL ( 23.82 mi. )
- Bowdon, GA ( 23.83 mi. )
- Hollis Crossroads, AL ( 24.54 mi. )
- Centre, AL ( 24.90 mi. )
- Alexandria, AL ( 25.01 mi. )
- Abel, AL ( 25.11 mi. )
- Blue Mountain, AL ( 25.13 mi. )
- Wellington, AL ( 25.29 mi. )
- Temple, GA ( 25.39 mi. )
- Hokes Bluff, AL ( 25.74 mi. )
- University Of West Georgia, GA ( 25.87 mi. )
- Rockmart, GA ( 26.15 mi. )
- Aragon, GA ( 26.70 mi. )
- East Gadsden, AL ( 27.25 mi. )
- Cedar Bluff, AL ( 27.42 mi. )
- Graham, AL ( 27.65 mi. )
- Carrollton, GA ( 27.71 mi. )
- Corinth, AL ( 27.83 mi. )
- Hobson City, AL ( 27.95 mi. )
- Newell, AL ( 28.17 mi. )
- Glencoe, AL ( 28.42 mi. )
- Hawk, AL ( 28.46 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 36261, 36262, 36272 (3 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 969.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 256