About Armstrong, AL
Armstrong, AL is located in Macon County in the state of Alabama.
The total City Population for Armstrong is about 8,760 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $80,300, which is roughly 30% lower than the Average Home Value of $115,084 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 57% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $29,602, which is roughly 33% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $43,882 for the state of Alabama, and roughly 49% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.52
Male Population Estimate: 56%
Female Population Estimate: 44%
Median Age: 37.1
Male Median Age: 36.7
Female Median Age: 37.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Armstrong specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Macon County: About 13.6969 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Macon County: About 311.027 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Macon County is about 71% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 7% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Alabama is ranked #49 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 10.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.82
The average living wage for the state of Alabama is $30.04/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Alabama a minimum wage score of 11.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Alabama a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Alabama is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.98 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Alabama does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Alabama does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Alabama does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Alabama does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Alabama does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Alabama does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Alabama does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Alabama does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Alabama does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Alabama does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Alabama does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Alabama does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Alabama does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Alabama does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Alabama does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Alabama does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Alabama does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Fort Davis, AL ( 3.05 mi. )
- Roba, AL ( 3.73 mi. )
- Union Springs, AL ( 7.66 mi. )
- Veterans Admin Fac, AL ( 9.44 mi. )
- Three Notch, AL ( 10.29 mi. )
- Hardaway, AL ( 11.62 mi. )
- Tuskegee Institute, AL ( 12.18 mi. )
- Tuskegee Inst, AL ( 12.18 mi. )
- Tuskegee University, AL ( 12.73 mi. )
- Fitzpatrick, AL ( 13.04 mi. )
- Midway, AL ( 13.70 mi. )
- Hurtsboro, AL ( 14.19 mi. )
- Tuskegee, AL ( 14.27 mi. )
- Franklin, AL ( 16.43 mi. )
- Shorter, AL ( 20.21 mi. )
- Perote, AL ( 20.35 mi. )
- Cecil, AL ( 20.94 mi. )
- Comer, AL ( 21.47 mi. )
- Notasulga, AL ( 21.95 mi. )
- Hatchechubbee, AL ( 22.40 mi. )
- Mathews, AL ( 22.50 mi. )
- East Tallassee, AL ( 23.78 mi. )
- Tallassee, AL ( 24.29 mi. )
- Loachapoka, AL ( 25.49 mi. )
- Pike Road, AL ( 25.52 mi. )
- Auburn University, AL ( 26.72 mi. )
- Auburn Univ, AL ( 26.72 mi. )
- Auburn Unvrsty, AL ( 26.72 mi. )
- Clayton, AL ( 27.24 mi. )
- Mount Meigs, AL ( 27.28 mi. )
- Auburn, AL ( 27.29 mi. )
- Seale, AL ( 28.82 mi. )
- Pittsview, AL ( 29.10 mi. )
- Kent, AL ( 31.20 mi. )
- Banks, AL ( 31.24 mi. )
- Louisville, AL ( 32.20 mi. )
- Opelika, AL ( 33.39 mi. )
- Waverly, AL ( 34.42 mi. )
- Cottonton, AL ( 34.71 mi. )
- Troy State University, AL ( 34.98 mi. )
- Troy, AL ( 35.20 mi. )
- Eclectic, AL ( 35.39 mi. )
- Ramer, AL ( 35.45 mi. )
- Grady, AL ( 35.99 mi. )
- Gunter AFB, AL ( 36.16 mi. )
- Mafb Gun Annx, AL ( 36.16 mi. )
- Maxwell AFB Gunter Annex, AL ( 36.16 mi. )
- Montgomery, AL ( 36.33 mi. )
- Gunter Afs, AL ( 36.39 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 36083
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 535.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 334